Thursday 6 October 2022

Blogtober 2022 - Day 6 πŸ‘

This is my first day attempting to knit since Jethro was born. I’m a bit slower and a little out of practice but we’re managing! I had missed making things, having a project to absent-mindedly get on with whilst watching tv or chatting. But I’ve really got the itch to pick up my needles again since reading Winwick Mum’s Blogtober posts as she was the one that taught me to knit socks in the first place via her Sockalong pattern.


I made the first of this pair of socks a few months ago in late pregnancy (whilst bouncing on the birth ball mostly πŸ˜…). The wool is called Guacamole and I'd had my eye on it for a while as that green is my favourite colour, and seeing as I hadn't made a pair of socks for myself in over a year it was about time.  I don't expect to make very quick progress as I usually have at least one hand full at the moment but there's no rush! Spot my foolproof method for making knitting notes:


So here we are - cosy blanket, sleeping babe, and the beginnings of a new sock! I’m even wearing my original first knitted pair on my feet now that it’s getting a little chillier 😊


Jethro has had a go wearing his own mum-made socks but although they are very cute they don’t actually stay on very well, not on a wiggly baby with kicky legs! Not to worry, he's got a lifetime ahead of him to find the perfect socks, and even if they did fit well he would grow out of them in about 5 minutes πŸ˜‚πŸ˜³


Since we’re all about socks today, here’s my handmade collection so far πŸ’› it’s nice to see them all grouped together because really they’re all spread out in different homes now! After this pair I might have a go at a different, more complicated sock pattern (although that's possibly wishful thinking with a baby πŸ˜…).

2 comments:

  1. Wow! All those socks....don't they look fantastic all together like a patchwork quilt! I can spot mine with a crowd of zoo animals! xx

    ReplyDelete