Friday 21 October 2022

Blogtober 2022 - Day 21 👖

🌟 Jethro's Top 10 Outfits SO FAR! 🌟

1.    I think we've got to begin with the outfit that Jethro came home from the hospital in. I found it on eBay fairly early on in pregnancy and I thought it would be cute to put the newborn baby in a yellow chick onesie because they'd be like a little chick freshly hatched from an egg haha 🐣 I didn't realise until a few days after we'd got him home that it almost perfectly matched a t-shirt I have, so that was a bonus! Sadly this was also the first onesie that he grew out of 😢

2.    The green and blue overall suit was an item I'd been holding onto for at least 5 years! It's from the brand Little Bird by Jools Oliver  and I managed to find it with the tags still on for 50p in a charity shop 😄 result! It's such a cute brand but pretty pricey so I knew I'd found a bargain that would be worth saving for the future. It looks fun paired with this stripey long sleeve underneath which was a present from his auntie and uncle 💕 This outfit just about still fits him but it's getting a bit snug, they really do grow so fast!!!

1.2.

3.    Not really an outfit in itself but we can't not mention this little vest! A very cool present from our friend, with that much loved quotation from Psalm 139 - "For You created my inmost being; You knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise You because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Your works are wonderful, I know that full well." 📖

4.    Ahh this very simple turquoisey green onesie (also a gift, we've been very blessed!) 💚 Somehow this ended up being my favourite comfy thing to put Jethro in, I just thought the colour suited him so well. Not much more to say really, doesn't it just look so nice with his skin tone?!

3.4.

5.    This funky little combo was a supermarket sale rail find, £3 for the top and trousers! How could I not grab them when the trousers are covered in leaves?! 🌿 The bib and socks just happened to match perfectly as well, 10/10.

6.    This Baby Dior onesie is another one that I've been saving for about 5 years! I found it in a charity shop when I lived in Falmouth, can't remember how much I paid but probably about 50p again 😆 I'm not sure how old it is or how much it would have cost originally, I didn't even realise Dior made baby clothes but here we are and it's very sweet. Paired here with a blue cardigan knitted by my mum and the mustard yellow socks. You'll notice that I love to put him in those socks, they just seem to be the perfect addition to almost any of his outfits! Unfortunately they too are soon to be outgrown, I think I'll have to keep my eye out for a yellow pair in the next size up!

5.6.

7.    This one is fun - a charity shop red top which is really soft and says "Make everyday brilliant", with his v cute Winnie the Pooh trousers from Auntie Ellie. You just can't beat primary colours! ❤️💛💙

8.    Jethro's first time wearing proper dungarees! These are a soft corduroy covered in woodland animals, soo sweet 🐰 It's another charity shop combo of course. If you can't tell I'm loving browsing the second hand baby clothes, I often don't even bother looking at the rest of the shop anymore and just head straight to the children's area! He is gathering quite the collection of stripes (we like stripes in this family).

7.8.

9.    A jolly outfit for a jolly baby, he was definitely the most colourful person at church on Sunday in this rainbow number 😄🌈 It was a gift from Ed's parents and we were very excited when we realised it now fits him perfectly! With a top covered in bananas 🍌🍌🍌 because why not?!

10.    The final entry...look how cute this lion top is 🦁 and some cool stripey trousers. Thanks again to the charity shops for this ensemble. He wore this to baby group with his mushroom cardigan to complete the look 🍄 very cosy and very stylish indeed.

9.10.

Can you tell I'm enjoying having a little one to dress up? And this is only the first 11 weeks (how? 😭), gotta make the most of the time while he has no opinions about what he's wearing lol. The photos in this post are in chronological order so you can see him grow and change so quickly already. His smiles are the best thing ever right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment