Saturday 2 July 2022

Baby month is here! 🐣

Spot Juniper πŸ‘€
 
I've been a bit obsessed with documenting all the caterpillars in the nasturtium patch...they have seriously taken over which is slightly sad because it doesn't look pretty anymore but at the same time it's quite fun to watch and I guess we are being good and eco-friendly letting them stay πŸ˜†




My grandma kindly gave us some homegrown blackcurrants which I decided to make into jam. It was very simple but as you can see I still managed to make a mess haha.


It's soo yummy and we may have demolished the first jar in about a week πŸ˜‹


On the subject of edibles, we have also been using our own garlic and onions from the garden:


This beautiful rose has a funny story attached 🌹 A few months ago I rescued it from a bin where it was thought to be dead. I potted it up and it sprang into life, producing its first flower! It's a floribunda rose called 'Hot Chocolate':


The strawberries are doing well, and the bindweed is building up along the garden fence to the point of producing flowers πŸ˜… I've seen bees flying in and out so I don't have the heart to get rid of it, it looks quite pretty too:


We've got our first little tomatoes growing and the courgettes are producing their big yellow flowers:


One of my favourites, the bright pink rose campion is growing like mad again, and the hypericum berries are forming:


My sister finished her A Level exams recently and we had a celebratory trip to the Jane Austen centre in Bath...



😍

Juniper asserting herself as centre of the world:



Maternity fashion at its peak (I'll miss this big round bump!):


This moth appeared on my hand whilst I was serving a customer at work so I carried on the rest of the transaction with it attached to me before releasing it outside πŸ˜† Moths freak me out a bit when they're fluttering around but this one was sleepy I think and just look at it's fluffy little body:


Passion flowers in my dad's garden:


We had a fire so that we could test out the new extendable marshmallow toasting fork πŸ˜‚ It was a great success but the weather was so sunny that at times we ended up hiding in the shade as far from the fire as possible! 


Long time no Tom on the blog! 


A few days later (when Ed and I were doing some much needed tidying) I found some old photos including this one of Tom and I almost 15 years ago ❤️


Back to another hoya bloom update! Just look!!! Don't they look good enough to eat?! 😍 They also smell like cocoa which is a bonus. 



It's as though Juniper knows that the bump won't be around for much longer and is making the most of being able to lie on it:



This week I had my last day at work before maternity leave! Definitely bittersweet but feeling good and excited overall. Also just very ready to slow down and rest πŸ˜„ Don't worry, the prosecco was non-alcoholic haha πŸΎ


Hydrangea season is upon us, along with my 38 week baby bump:


I'm currently snailsitting so have 3 mouths to feed instead of the usual 2 🐌🐌🐌 My friend's snail is actually one of the babies that mine had last year so I need to get a family photo of them together πŸ˜† stay tuned for that next time! 


My 25ish year old Teletubbies had a bath today in preparation for the newcomer. I hope you enjoy this image as much as I do lol 🌈 (and YES after 6 weeks the scaffolding is still up!)

Good bye for now! πŸ’›πŸŒΈπŸˆπŸ›πŸ°☕πŸŽπŸŒ€πŸŒžπŸŒ±

4 comments: