Thursday 13 October 2022

Blogtober 2022 - Day 13 πŸ‘Ά

Yesterday Jethro and I went to our first baby group! We were ready to leave the house bright and earlyish,  all loaded up outside, front door locked etc, but I am learning that everything just takes longer than you think with a baby...he started loudly protesting about being in the pushchair and I almost chickened out of the whole experience and stayed at home πŸ˜… After a quick feed we were off again, take 2, running late but  everything went smoothly and we arrived in one piece! The group was very small but that was nice because I had envisioned being in a room full of people who already had friends and having to try and slot into their conversations but that wasn't the case at all. I enjoying chatting with the other mums and being entertained by their little ones who were a bit older than Jethro, crawling around and getting into mischief.


Dozing on the walk home, followed by a sleepy afternoon on the sofa. That's the life! 😴


Just in case Juniper was beginning to feel left out I've included some pictures of her too...on a lap:


In a box:


In a drawer:


Oh and here's an update on the hoya linearis bloom (in this post!), each little star has opened up and there is indeed a citrusy smell! I also discovered that the red orchid has quite a strong fragrance too which was a nice surprise.


P.S. I've currently got the breastfeeding munchies and since reading about how oats are good for your milk supply suddenly there is nothing I want more than a bowl of porridge or some flapjack, or both, right now πŸ˜… I think I'm going to start making overnight oats for breakfast. In case you think that sounds a bit healthy I crave chocolate a lot too, I wasn't much of a chocaholic before having a baby but I fancy it all the time now, especially with a cup of tea yummm. It could be something to do with the seasons changing because throughout the summer I just wanted peaches and nectarines πŸ‘ chocolate and porridge are much more autumnal! Ok just rambling now, good bye (off to the kitchen) πŸͺ🍫🍰☕

2 comments:

  1. So great you made it to a mum and toddlers group. Well done! The first time is always the hardest time. Jethro looks so gorgeous. Joy xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes I think it will be easier next time! xx

      Delete