Saturday 8 October 2022

Blogtober 2022 - Day 8 🌿

I managed to dash around at 8.30 this morning to photograph my plants for this post. The Saturday morning sunshine gave enough light for my liking and the baby was happy to be left for a few minutes 😊 As I mentioned yesterday I have a few houseplants doing exciting things at the moment so I thought I'd share them here. 

This is my monstera deliciosa when I got it in October 2018…and today:


A new leaf has just unfurled which is always exciting:

My Nelly Isler orchid is flowering for the first time since I bought it maybe a year ago: 


It's such a deep, vibrant red which matches the pot cover perfectly even though I didn't buy them together!


Our hoya linearis (given to us as a cutting from our neighbour) is flowering again! It flowered at the same time last year and I remember the blooms smelt like lemon 🍋 I’ll have to share an update once they are open soon!


I love that hoya flowers look like little stars before they've opened up!

And finally, my begonia maculata is also flowering for the first time! I noticed buds at the end of the longest stems which I thought were just new leaves until I looked again a few days later and these white flowers had emerged 😄



I definitely don’t pay much attention to my plants at the moment (sorry plants!) so it’s nice when they reward you anyway 😊

I'm going to take the day off tomorrow and enjoy a nice Sabbath without too much staring at a screen! See you back here on Monday I'm sure 👋

No comments:

Post a Comment