Tuesday 18 October 2022

Blogtober 2022 - Day 18 🏠

This morning Ed and I had a tidying sesh which doesn't sound like the most exciting way to spend the day but is always surprisingly fun and satisfying! After sorting out the laundry I set to work organising the book shelf which I mentioned in this post here. It was annoying me that books by the same author weren't all stacked together so my main agenda was to arrange the books better but we also ended up gathering a decent sized pile to donate to a charity shop.

Moving the books meant that all the trinkets needed moving too which is when I had the idea for this post because I thought you might like to see some of the random things we've collected over the years! Just in case you couldn't tell, that is in fact a jar of Juniper's whiskers. Needless to say, I don't pluck them out but just find them around the house every now and again!


My propagation jars all needed topping up with water and I threw away some of the plants that were dead or dying:


What shelf would be complete without a vase filled with shells, pebbles, and sea glass, or a tiny plastic sword?


Three wise Furbies, collected at different times from charity shops whilst I was at university...


Daphne du Maurier is probably my favourite writer so it's nice to see that collection all together. The bookshelf was previously semi-organised by colour (!) so some Daphnes were on the red shelf and some were up with the blues...chaos! I've realised I must have borrowed My Cousin Rachel and Jamaica Inn because although I've read them they aren't here, unless I lent them out to someone else?? 


Jethro slept through most of the process 😴 and Juniper assisted by sniffing around the teetering piles of books and briefly empty shelves, and attacking the duster as I tried to wipe where she was sat. What would I do without her help?


✨📚✨


A close-up of our Chinese cork diorama (Ed's charity shop find this time!), and my current read (bonus points if you match your nails to your book):


Well that's one shelf done! Just the rest of the house to go 😆 but that can wait for another day. The dust on this small area alone was enough to set me off sneezing for the rest of the day, having too many trinkets and a dust allergy is not a good combination 😪 ACHOO!!!

1 comment: