Monday 3 October 2022

Blogtober 2022 - Day 3 🍄

We're going on a mushroom hunt, we're going to catch a big one...


It's that time of year again! Time for finding magical mushrooms in the woods 😄✨ 


We visited our favourite fungi spot a couple of weeks ago but we were a bit too early for any exciting specimens, so yesterday afternoon we went back for another Sunday afternoon stroll and as you can see we had timed it perfectly! 😍 The weather was lovely as well, with warm late afternoon sun shining through the trees.


We saw this clump of Amanita Muscaria by the side of the road as we were driving which was a very good sign, so we parked up, loaded the baby into the sling and headed straight there. We were like excited children doing an Easter egg hunt, wandering around with our eyes glued to the ground spotting the little colourful surprises in the undergrowth.



We saw lots of other fungi as well, I took a few pics but most just aren't as photogenic as the little red fairy toadstools 🍄 (I think the yellow one above is possibly an Ochre Brittlegill?)

Honey Fungus?



I think this horizontal one growing out from the log is called Turkey Tail, not sure about the one beside it though 👇



✨🍄😄 Mushroom joy 😄🍄✨


These purple ones were very exciting to spot, there was only one little patch of them so they must be quite rare?! I can't find them in our common fungi book either. From a bit of googling I think it could be a Violet Webcap but not 100% sure!





Ed spotted this little group up ahead and they looked so pretty in the sunlight 🌞


We couldn't resist getting Jethro out for a little photoshoot 😄 he has a few mushroom related items in his bedroom so we thought it would be cute to get a photo to go in there!


I think we'll definitely have to get this one printed:

😭❤️

An outtake 😂






Lion King moment 🦁


We sat on this mound and had some coffee from our flask before getting back in the car. It was so warm and peaceful 😌 


Of course I brought the instax camera and got some special pics to remember this sweet trip. To anyone that is worried that having children will stop you enjoying your favourite things, from our experience it just makes your favourite things even more fun and memorable 💛 Jethro was so content being outside in the fresh air and loved looking up at the trees as we walked beneath, it was so adorable to see.


As I was dressing him this morning I remembered the knitted set I made a few months ago, I thought I'd just try it on him for size and it fit! The booties are a bit spacious but the cardigan and hat were just right 😊 If only I'd thought of it yesterday he could've dressed up for mushroom hunting!


CUTEST THING EVER!!!


I hope you enjoyed seeing our mushroom adventure and it encourages you to get outside and make the most of wonderful October! 🍄 I think I may have peaked too early with my Blogtober posts though, not sure if I'll be able to top this tomorrow 😆 

❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment