Saturday 7 January 2023

The story of the wedding dress 👰✨


Back in November I received an unusual email completely out of the blue. A lady was trying to track down her late mum’s wedding dress and believed that mine (currently sitting up in the loft) was it! Let me explain…back in 2019 I bought a vintage wedding dress from an online shop and planned to wear it when we married in 2020. However, covid happened and our plans were of course completely disrupted! We still got married (eventually) but it was a low-key affair with just a small number of family members and so I made the decision to not wear my dress and save it for the belated wedding reception party that we thought might happen at a later date (a decision I came to regret). Well we all know how long the restrictions lasted and all the while my dress stayed abandoned on its hanger, never seeing the light of day.

Fast forward to November 2022 and I get this email. The lady had got in touch with the dress shop who then got in touch with me to say she was hoping to buy the dress if I was willing to sell. We messaged back and forth and I knew that there was no way I could say no as it obviously meant so much to her, but at the same time it was sad that I never got to wear it and after all this time Ed still had no idea what it looked like! So we decided that we would have a photoshoot with it, to create the special dressed up photos we didn’t get to have at our wedding. My sister Ellie came along and with just a couple of phone cameras discovered her hidden talent for wedding photography 😂 seriously though she did such a good job! We were also lucky with the weather as the rain mostly held off (unlike on our actual wedding day haha) and this was literally our only free day before the courier came to pick up the dress later in the week. It was sweet to be able to include Jethro in the pictures too, and when he wasn’t being photographed he enjoyed sitting in his carseat just gazing up at the trees.











It was surprisingly fun to prance around pretending we'd just got married and to recreate some of the classic (cheesy) poses 😆 and considering we had no plan, no hair/makeup done, no fancy camera, and just stopped somewhere on Dartmoor with a baby in tow, I think it went pretty well! We were so excited about how the photos came out and wanted to share them back in November. But we decided that we would keep them a secret so that we could surprise our families at Christmas and it was definitely worth it (tears were shed!) 😭❤️ 

Speaking of Christmas, my next post will be a recap of the festive period (baby’s first Christmas!!) but I just couldn’t wait any longer so share these pics first xxxxx


2 comments:

  1. Those lovely photos have made me cry again ! I love the one with all your hands together, so special. I am so glad you had the chance to re-create your wedding day and in the process have blessed the lady with the return of her mother's wedding dress. Joy xx

    ReplyDelete