Wednesday 26 October 2022

Blogtober 2022 - Day 26 🍲

On Sunday I got round to making the much anticipated green tomato chutney! I roughly followed this Riverford recipe and even though I doubled it we've still got a fair few green tomatoes left which I'm leaving to hopefully ripen soon. I definitely wouldn't have managed it without Ed being home to take care of the baby whilst I spent pretty much the whole afternoon in the kitchen πŸ˜† it took long enough just to chop all the tomatoes, apples, and onions! I had to use two pans as well until the ingredients had cooked down enough to all fit into one:


A few hours later and we had this gloopy concoction which was enough to fill 6 jars. The house still smells faintly of chutney 3 days later!


Ta da! Apparently we have to wait 6 weeks for it to mature now...at least we'll have some nice chutney at Christmas time!


Whilst the chutney was bubbling away we also had a beef stew, well, stewing in the slow cooker. Featuring our very own homegrown (mutant) parsnips:


After that unappetising photo of dog food stew (it tasted better than it looked) here’s some very cute photos of Jethro in his first jumper instead πŸ˜­πŸ’š Another excellent outfit combo if I do say so myself:

1 comment:

  1. Well done Bethany to have the energy to make chutney!

    ReplyDelete