Monday 6 April 2020

I made my own dungarees ✂️


This lockdown period has been a good opportunity for me to do some projects I've been storing up for a while. One of those project ideas was to make a pair of dungarees out of a 1998 Tweenies duvet cover which I bought for a few pounds at a car boot sale last year  (maybe £2? Or £4? I can't remember). Bargain.

Me and the gang in August 2019
I found a great, easy to follow tutorial on youtube which I'll link here so you can have a go!


I only spent about two days in total to make them and that's as someone with almost no experience making clothes, so it could be much quicker with practice. Here are a few process pics (I didn't take many):



Wahoooooo look at these beauties, I'm very pleased with how they turned out and how I actually managed to follow the tutorial and get my measurements roughly accurate! There were a few mishaps but they were useful to learn what not to do next time. If you looked closely you'd see some messy stitching and wonky bits but seeing as I was only making them for myself and it was my first time I didn't care too much πŸ˜„ when you're wearing a pair of ridiculous cartoon dungarees you can't take yourself too seriously.


I'm buzzing about these. HAHA they're so silly and I love it. *Cue the photo shoot*








ThEy HaVe PoCkEtS!!1!!!1!



Feeling ecstatic and effervescent, time to dance around to this like a big child (one of the best Tweenies songs if you ask me). ENJOY!


2 comments:

  1. Oh my word this is such a creative idea! They turned out super adorable, love the pockets :)

    ReplyDelete