Friday 4 March 2022

Blooms and mushrooms 🌼

Hello again!!! I am currently fighting a battle with my laptop to try and make a blog post without it freezing and crashing...but if you are reading this then it means I have won, for now!

Spring is in the air and it is making me happy, bulbs are popping up in the garden and actual sunlight is streaming in the window, hooray!


I like this view.

I'm currently 21 weeks pregnant and thankfully feeling better than I have in a long time! The nausea isn't 100% gone but I feel much more like a normal human and not emotionally dependant on having emergency crisps in my bag at all times. Also I'm finally starting to look a little bit pregnant and am in the awkward stage where most of my normal trousers are too small but my maternity jeans are too big. I can't believe we're halfway there already!


Baby at 20 weeks πŸ’›

Other baby.


Some nature from a late afternoon walk with Ed:



Pottery painting and chats with the gals for my mum's birthday:


Juniper getting into things:


Now a bit of a throwback to some other bits and bobs which have happened in the past month or two...

For Christmas Ed got me an edible mushroom growing kit and as you can see we had quite a successful harvest from it. It was amazing to see how quickly they grew!



Another Christmas present was an amaryllis bulb which shot up and provided us with bright red blooms for weeks 😍 Our jewel orchid also flowered again this year, with some very different blooms - tiny and delicate:


I am so enjoying seeing all the colourful spring flowers at work:



In January I finished my 12th pair of socks in time for my grandma's birthday πŸ’œ (now I'm almost finished pair 13 and am planning a sock break so that I can make something for the baby...we'll see!)


And finally, you know it's true love when you both accidentally coordinate with mushroom themed Valentine's Day cards πŸ„πŸ’›πŸ„πŸ’›


Just a quick update for now, hopefully it won't be so long until the next one! xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Aww I love this post! The socks and Furbies are so cute, and the pic of Juniper in the bag was hilarious! Glad that your pregnancy is going well!! :)

    ReplyDelete