Friday 6 November 2020

Three rainbows and a lot of buds 🌈🌷🌷

In the midst of worldwide craziness, here is a post full of lovely things. Only good, cosy, lighthearted and peaceful vibes here today. (Except I will briefly mention lockdown 2 just to let you know that this time round I'm not on infinite furlough but I'm working through it, which is good...in some ways...haha.) 

This is my current mosaic crochet project (I took a break from my big granny square blanket), I think it's going to be a baby blanket but I'm making it up as I go along so we'll see! I love the colours I picked but I made a rookie error and threw away the labels so now there is one colour which I might not be able to find an exact match for again, but I'm not too worried, it's all good experience!


One of the best things going on right now is that my thanksgiving cacti are all getting ready to bloom! There are so many buds and they're different colours too, I'll put some more pictures at the end 😄 P.S. I always called them christmas cacti but I learned recently that these are in fact not christmas cacti because they are a different shape, and they flower a bit earlier too.


Rainbow number 1, on Dartmoor.



Some of my favourite things I found in the recycling centre shop.


Dad's pears and passionflowers, plus Tom matching the autumn colour scheme.




Porridge with biscoff spread is my new breakfast.


Good job the charity shop was closed, I may not have resisted this life-size cheetah.

Rain-ruined posters around our neighbourhood.


Last Sunday I made leek and potato soup, it was so yummy! I want to start a Sunday soup tradition.


A rainy walk up our nearby hill, we didn't stay long as we were a bit scared of the cows.





Ah, sourdough.....I had a bit of a bread breakdown and almost decided to give up entirely last week. I tried a new technique which I thought would help it rise better but it didn't work. I'm becoming a bit of a bread nerd and I'm no longer satisfied with average bread, I want to know how to make it better! But at the same time every loaf we've ever made (I just counted, it's 20!!!) has been tasty and made really good toast so who cares about whether it's perfect or not?!!


Rainbow number 2, in town.


Ed made a victoria sponge, and it's officially time to light candles in the dark evenings.



We went for a run on a very rainy morning and both had to wash our trainers because we got drenched and muddy.




Rainbow number 3, from our house.


It was so nice to have a few mornings of bright, golden sunshine this week. It was cold too (see Ed holding an icicle, and the frosty rooftops!).



Hello moon!

Now back to the buds! First we have one of our orchids almost ready to open up, and lots of little string of hearts flowers (aren't they so unusual?). Next, perhaps most excitingly, is my jewel orchid which Ed gave me for christmas last year, it has 4 flower stems forming! We can't wait 💫💫💫 and finally back to the thanksgiving cactus collection. The peach coloured one is one of my most showstopping plants as it has flowered amazingly 3 years in a row! The white one was a cutting from one of my grandpa's plants, and the multicoloured one was a rescue from work last winter! Yayyyy plants!!! 😍





And that's not even the most exciting thing! The most exciting thing has a tail and 4 paws and is coming to live with us in a week's time!!! More on that next time though 😄😄😄 can you guess?

No comments:

Post a Comment