Tuesday 7 April 2020

Lockdown diaries ~ week 2 🌾

Here we are, back at it again with week two of life in lockdown. This week started off very meh...I think the reality of all the days stretching ahead hit and I felt in a bit of a slump. That coincided with a couple of days without much sunshine which may or may not have contributed to the slumpiness. Thankfully the mood passed, as they generally do.

Day 8 (Tuesday 31st) - I hopped out of bed and wrote a card and wrapped a present for a certain family member's upcoming birthday, I threaded my felted balls onto a string to make a garland, I wrote the week 1 recap blogpost, I made a curtain. After lunch Ed and I went on a 10 mile bike ride and stroked a horse, then we videocalled the siblings. We ate pizza for tea and watched 3 episodes of The Vicar of Dibley. Then we finished Stranger Things 3 and cried :') even tho we know Hopper is alive 




Day 9 (Wednesday 1st APRIL) - we went for a run in the woods and pretended we were training for the Hunger Games, ate breakfast whilst watching Friends, watered my leafy plants, fed my snails, washed some clothes, and made my sourdough starter! I painted my miniature clay Tom and recorded some worship songs with Ed. For tea we had chicken and veg, followed by magnums. I put my (now washed) clothes away, we watched The Repair Shop, then Ed and I brainstormed a story before getting an early ish night.



Day 10 (Thursday 2nd) - read some bible and prayed with Ed, sent a happy birthday message, brekkie and Friends, and made some more collages. Top Gear and a sandwich for lunch, followed by a nice walk where Ed and I bought some flowers from a roadside stall and I picked a lovely hedgerow bouquet. We saw a vole in a bush eating a dandelion. Curry for tea and Dibley. We watched a very sweet Studio Ghibli film called Only Yesterday.


Day 11 (Friday 3rd) - we went for a run (short but we tried to go fast), breakfast and Friends, I spent a while trying to post some pictures of my wild bouquet because instagram wasn't working, had a pitta for lunch and then finished my fourth and final curtain! Ed and I made some donuts! I found a tutorial to make some dungarees. We ate pies for tea followed by our donuts, watched some more Dibley (the 2004 reboot is not as good as the older episodes!!!) then Ed and I watched Kiki's Delivery Service.

Journal quote: "I feel better today! I feel good and productive. It rained little today, for the first time in ages."


We didn't have yeast so we used baking soda and lemon juice and we thought they'd
turn out bad but they looked and tasted like real donuts!

Day 12 (Saturday 4th)  - Friends brekkie (this has become a ritual, I feel like I don't even need to mention it anymore), I had a dungaree-making sesh in my pyjamas, stopped for lunch and Wheeler Dealers. More sewing, at about 3/4pm we went for a 12 mile bike ride in the sun! It was torturously tiring at moments but also very nice and there were hills to whizz down and we saw a big bird of prey. When we got home I did an orchid photoshoot because the lighting in the bathroom was pretty, and then we ate delicious burgers. We watched Sleeping With The Enemy.

Ed bonsai-ing whilst I sewed


Day 13 (Sunday 5th) - had hot cross buns for breakfast whilst watching John and Lisa's Weekend Kitchen (goals) followed by Ainsley's Mediterranean Cookbook, I kind of love cookery programmes now. Church livestream at 10.30am and Tom watched with us. I was on the sewing machine making my dungarees pretty much all day after that. We didn't even go out for a daily exercise today! I made macaroni cheese for dins and then we watched the Queen's speech at 8pm which made me feel a bit emotional. Then my dad introduced us to Notting Hill, potentially my new favourite film!!! (two Julia Roberts films in a row was unintentional)



Day 14 (Monday 6th) - Friends brekkie, I finished my dungarees and Ed photographed them for me (thanks Ed). We ate lunch and caught up on last week's Gardeners' World, then I wrote a blogpost about my dungarees. We went for another bike ride in the sun and saw some cows, then I emptied some pictures off my phone onto my hard drive whilst we watched an episode of The Simpsons. Spaghetti bolognese for tea and then I gave my sourdough baby its second feed of the day. We had a hot chocolate and watched The Hand That Rocks The Cradle with dad (creepy) and then Ed and I watched the finale of Liar so know we know #whokilledandrewearlham, or do we?


More news:
  • We are getting bored of going running, that's why we've been just going for short and faster ones.
  • It's that time of year where lots of my plants are pushing out new leaves, hooray!

Monstera adansonii

  • Ed and Tom are firm friends.


  • I have been doing some lockdown embroidery, counting down the days via needle and thread.



That's all for now, folks! 

P.S. I'm very aware of the fact I'm painting a very fun and peaceful picture of lockdown life. I am very privileged to be able to stay at home and make things whilst many people are suffering and many more are still at work and putting themselves at risk. So a big thank you if you are one of those people πŸ’ž praying that this is all over soon. 

2 comments:

  1. It's great that you're able to be so productive, and I appreciate your positive spin and how peaceful you make things look. I really love your embroidery, it'll be such a neat way to look back on it once this crazy time is over!

    ReplyDelete