Saturday 11 April 2020

Unlikely Style Icon: Alice Horton nΓ©e Tinker (not neigh like a horse) + a surprise guest πŸ’’


Hello and welcome to a blogpost with a long title. It has only taken me over a year to make part 2 of this series which I began last January! C'est la vie. Anyway, it's all about gathering style inspiration from unlikely places and today's icon is Alice from The Vicar of Dibley. Apologies in advance for the very low quality images which I had to source myself. I scanned through lots but not all episodes so this is definitely not an exhaustive list, but as I went deeper into this wormhole I began to realise that her outfits are all different combinations of some staple items which popped up again and again. I think I'd define her look as sensible and mumsy, she's a fan of pastels and springy colours, but special occasions are where her creativity really shines through.

So here's our first category: nice blouses, floral skirts, and dresses. P.S. spot some very fetching hairbands, clips and matching earrings. 













Onto the next category: nice woollens. She's got a lovely selection of knitted cardigans, a few cosy jumpers and even a button up sweater vest. Fun and comfy.






 



Our third category is a special one: raincoats. An unusual choice you might say, but if anyone can rock a raincoat it's our girl Alice. Especially if it's got a hood with a fluffy trim.





Our bonus category: dress up! From Christmas fairy to a Crunchie tiara wearing bridesmaid, Alice has really gone there, and who can forget her iconic wedding dress (personally very inspirational for me).





Bonus category: Not Alice. Whilst I'm here celebrating Emma Chambers (RIP 😒) I thought I must mention Honey from Notting Hill because I watched it for the first time recently and I think Honey is basically Alice if she grew up in London instead of Dibley. Much more funky, and I like her peachy hair colour - very on trend (Hayley Williams just dyed hers).




I realised I have quite a good Alice wardrobe already so I decided to create this simple look to finish things off, I'd say this is a combination of category one and category two: 
  • nice blouse ✔️
  •  floral skirt ✔️
  • pastel cardigan ✔️


If I was going to put more effort in I'd have added some accessories but to be honest this outfit took me 3 minutes to find and photograph and to look any more dressed up than this at the moment would mess with my strict uniform of slouchy, quarantine clothes. Hope you enjoyed this extremely informative and educational post and you're feeling inspired to watch boxsets and analyse outfits.


No comments:

Post a Comment