Tuesday 21 April 2020

Lockdown diaries - week 4 🍞

So lockdown was extended by another three weeks, here we are again! More of my pleasantly uneventful documents for you to look forward to.

Day 22 (Tuesday 14th April) - woke up at 6am and went to our new house to receive a washing machine delivery (my first time driving in 3 weeks!), the delivery arrived at 8am ish then we ate breakfast and watched Friends, I spent some time struggling with the sewing machine and then we came home for lunch, more Friends, knitted, watered my succulents, spoke to Elli on the phone, had a mini nap, wrote blog recap number 3, had dinner, watched a programme about dogs and then Killing Eve!


Day 23 (Wednesday 15th April) - fed Tom and had a shower, prayed with Ed, crumpets and Friends, knitting, did the Radio Devon quiz, prepared for house group, leftovers for lunch, went for a walk around the block, watched Edward Scissorhands on tv, had a pasty for dinner and watched The Simpsons, then zoom house group yay! Reading in bed.



Day 24 (Thursday 16th April) - reading, breakfast and watched Lambing Live (very cool), researched about the dodgy sewing machine, went on a bike ride and met some sweet cows on the way! Ate lunch and watched Friends, I finished off the curtains so they're ready to hang once the right parts arrive, we watched episode 1 of Friday Night Dinner, had a yum dinner with Dad's favourite greek cheese. Then we started watching The Good Life, clapped for carers at 8pm, then Ed and I made our next batch of dough and set it to rise overnight, followed by some reading.



Day 25 (Friday 17th April) - it was raining so we didn't go for a run but did some work out videos instead (my quads hurt), washed some clothes, made drop scones for breakfast using some excess sourdough starter and watched Friday Night Dinner, browsed vintage dolls on eBay, baked our bread and ate some for lunch, I fed the snails and put my clothes away. Dad and I made scotch eggs for dinner (a great success) and then we watched some more of The Good Life. Ed and I had a zoom call with some of our Falmouth friends which was so nice and funny and made our hearts full of glee, followed by an episode of Friday Night Dinner and a cuppa to finish the night off.



Day 26 (Saturday 18th April) - *my legs/whole body hurt so bad from yesterday's work out* did a facemask, ate some sourdough for brekkie with Friends, knitted, cleaned out the snails (my order arrived containing fresh substrate and snail treats yay!), lunch and some more Chitty Chitty Bang Bang as it was on tv again lol, then I browsed more vintage dolls on eBay, we went for a walk around the houses nearby and saw 8 cats! Ate roast beef for dinner followed by bananas and custard πŸ’› and watched The Good Life, Ed and I watched a Louis Theroux documentary and then started Tiger King!




Day 27 (Sunday 19th April) - got up and discovered that Tom had been in some sort of situation last night, he was in pain and not himself at all...watched some cookery tv and ate breakfast, church livestream followed by a zoom sesh! It was fun to see everyone again for the first time in weeks. Dad discovered Tom had a wound so went to the vets and got him some medicine, then we had soup for lunch and I began sewing squares onto my blanket + Tiger King. Went for a lovely sunny walk to the lake then had a stir fry dinner while watching Inside The Factory about how they make Le Creuset pots (very interesting), Dad introduced us to a 1979 film called Being There and I worked on my blanket. Then more Tiger King.



Day 28 (Monday 20th April) - went for a 3.5 mile run and a quick stretching work out video, breakfast and Friends, scrolled eBay, ordered a prescription for some asthma meds, looked at microwaves online, read my book (The Marriage Book, would recommend), ate lunch and had a phonecall and sent an email to confirm our wedding is definitely not happening (boohoo), recorded some worship songs, sewed my blanket together, ate dinner and Dad introduced us to another film called Rain Man from 1988, then Ed and I finished Tiger King!


Additional notes:

  • I have become addicted to eBay, scrolling through endless vintage dolls and job lots of retro McDonalds toys. I'm trying to fill the hole left by the absence of charity shops in my life at the moment. Lots of cool stuff but not very cheap, I haven't actually bought anything yet, just window shopping really. But there is quite a thrill as the time begins to run out and I wait to see how much the items go for.
  • I didn't expect to get hooked on Tiger King, I hadn't even planned to ever watch it tbh. But it's so watchable in a flabbergasting way and very well made, also strangely emotional.
  • Saturday marked 1 week until what was supposed to be our wedding but is now no longer thanks to corona. 
  • Tom is much better now.
  • My monstera deliciosa is growing a new leaf!

  • There are 2 spiders living in my room, I'm pretty chill about it, it's nice to have the company.



(Ed and I once we move into our house)

No comments:

Post a Comment