Tuesday 26 October 2021

Raindrops on cobwebs and whiskers on kittens ☔

Hello again friends ๐Ÿ‘‹๐Ÿ˜„ somehow we're already near the end of October?! Isn't that mad?! Another photo-filled post over here (one day I'll get into a little-and-often sort of routine but it just hasn't happened yet!)


Exciting news: after being in our house for a year and a half we finally got some net curtains! Juniper has already gotten her claws caught multiple times which is equal parts amusing and annoying.


A rainbow at work.

The communion cups at church.

A second frog that we released into our mini pond seems to have made a home there! Plus a photo of the  heavily laden pear tree in my dad's garden (no partridges in sight):


Juniper has recently decided that she hates her harness, for some unknown reason she seems genuinely distressed by it (these pics below were taken a few weeks ago). For a while we pushed on and fought her because once it was on she was fine and enjoyed being outside, but it wasn't fun and she got more and more angry and hissy about it. So for now we have a fully indoor cat and honestly it's been really nice. Without the daily harness trauma everything is so much calmer and our relationship is much happier. Ed brought home a feather which he attached to one of her toys on the end of a string and it is her favourite thing to play with at the moment, she goes into full-on huntress mode and will often carry it over to us when she wants to play. It's so sweet.

Golden girl ✨

The hoya linearis blooms have opened up and they smell like lemon! ๐Ÿ‹๐Ÿ‘‡


A rare photo of big uncle Tom (we think of him as an uncle to Juni haha) looking as handsome and soft as ever:


๐Ÿ Autumn vibes ๐Ÿ

I made my first pie using some of the blackberries I picked and also some strawberries we had in the freezer:



The fading colour of my special hydrangea, plus our neighbours' cat Pebbles who has taken to sleeping in our front garden (apparently she is spending more time outside at the moment due to fact they've recently added two little boy kittens to the family and she is avoiding them! Poor old lady Pebbles ๐Ÿ˜…):


A pretty speckled horse underneath a rainbow, spotted on a run Ed and I went on together:



Lovely October sunrise.

A teeny pansy bouquet and cyclamen seedhead ring at work:


One Saturday as I was driving to my mum's house I stopped by the side of the road to photograph the early morning mist:




Mist is my favourite weather, I love how it makes the cobwebs glisten with water droplets:






On the left some chalk artwork from Sunday school, on the right some watercolour artwork by hubby:


๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿˆ


Just another pansy collage...

We harvested our leeks whilst Juniper watched on through the window:


An amazing misty morning cobweb on my car, and some zingy beauty berries at work:


June being a typical cat, playing with wool and getting into boxes:


✋๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒธ๐Ÿ‘ช✨


Cool 2nd hand find alert!!! Whilst at the tip (to dump those cardboard boxes pictured above) Ed and I purchased this most excellent piece of furniture ๐Ÿ˜ we now have a funky, possibly hand-painted giraffe standing tall in our living room, and it functions as a cd rack / plant stand which is great too:


๐Ÿฅ๐Ÿฅ๐Ÿฅ๐Ÿฅ๐Ÿฅ

After clearing out all the old plants in our raised beds we now have broccoli, kale, garlic and onions to grow there over winter ๐ŸŒฑ it all seems to be doing well so far:


Our pineapple sage is flowering for the first time! It grew massively over the summer after we moved it to a bigger space, it was a tiny thing hidden underneath some towering wildflowers but now it's almost up to my shoulder! (Plus a picture of Juni asleep on my lap as I began to write this post ๐Ÿ˜ด)


My most recent pair of socks have been finished and gifted to their owner (my dad, for his birthday today!) ๐Ÿ’™ I'm really loving the cosiness of dressing gown + sleeping cat + knitting on these dark and chilly evenings...


Ta da!

Lots of gourds in all shapes and sizes at work right now:


Picking apples in my grandparents' garden ๐Ÿ˜‹ we enjoyed some freshly squeezed juice soon after this pic was taken:


And finally, the golden glow of sun starting to set on the pansies and cyclamen ๐ŸŒ‡ (this area will be full of Christmas trees in a few weeks time! ๐Ÿ˜ฎ) 


Thank you for reading again, I know these posts really are quite repetitive (cat, plants, socks, cat, plants, socks ๐Ÿ˜†) but I enjoy looking back at them even if no one else were to read them haha. This morning Ed and I went on a Dartmoor walk to hunt for mushrooms and we really hit the jackpot!! ๐Ÿ„๐Ÿ„๐Ÿ„ I've got soo many photos to share so stay tuned for that next time...see you then! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment