Tuesday 3 May 2022

The one with all the bluebells 🌿

On Sunday (1st May) I got woken up by the dawn chorus. I was so comfy just half asleep listening to the birds through the open window and feeling the baby kicking around, it was a lovely time. Then at some point I drifted back to sleep and had some strange, fun dreams. I usually don't really wake up before the alarm so it was purely coincidental that Sunday was apparently National Dawn Chorus Day, I had no idea!

Last post I mentioned that I had a new knitting project on the go, well here it is! My first time following a proper knitting pattern, and my first item of clothing that isn't socks or a scarf 😆



A sweet little baby cardigan is taking shape! I'm almost finished now, just sewing up the seams so next time I'll be able to show you the finished piece and I'm very excited. Especially because I've got some really cute buttons for it 😍


Juniper likes the baby room:


Our Easter display (which I am still reluctant to dismantle even though Easter was a few weeks ago now oops):


We had a bring and share lunch at church on Easter Sunday, my Biscoff rocky road went down a treat! 🐥 Plus an Easter bump update:


Some lovely April colour from the local area:




I am now almost 30 weeks pregnant (😮), when I hit the 28 week mark and officially entered the third trimester I decided to make a celebratory loaf of sourdough:

You can vaguely see a number 3 in the middle 😆

I am feeling big and round now haha. I get quite achey too, especially my ribs where everything is expanding and pushing against them. Pregnancy is still fun though, it's a weird feeling being so excited to meet this brand new baby but also wanting to make the most of this unique time and not wish it away.


My 28 week bump and a silly doodle from a slow morning at work:


Ed and I went for a nice walk one afternoon. It felt like the perfect spring day, warm and full of birdsong. The bluebells were out in full force and we also saw lots of pink wild orchids:


They don't really show up in this photo but there are lots of bluebells!

Some fun, colourful decor at a little cafe in town where my dad and I had a hot chocolate last week (we also shared a custard donut, yummm):


More bluebells!

Trago Mills looking very pretty, complete with a peacock of course:


My first daisy chain of 2022 (whilst sat on a grass verge of Halfords carpark waiting for my new tyres to be fitted!), and an extremely tasty, post-work fry up (a full English is for life, not just for breakfast) 😋


The route I take to work is looking very pretty at this time of year, a tunnel of bright green leaves and a carpet of bluebells on either side of the road. I decided to pull over in a slightly odd spot and take some photos one morning (which resulted in one of my colleagues worrying that I had broken down as she drove past):





Our garden is full of flowers now! Here's some phlox and also the bleeding hearts which I have been a bit obsessed with since they emerged from the ground a few weeks ago. I bought a little plant on the clearance shelf last year and then forgot about it once it died back so I was very excited to see it make a reappearance:


Some amazing caladium leaves at work, and Juniper asleep with her paws resting on the baby bump (cutest thing ever 😭):


Finally, my parting gift, this heartwarming photo of Ed meeting a fluffy black cat. Doesn't it look so friendly and innocent? Well this is actually The Robin Killer of 2020, who raided the nest we had in the garden during the first lockdown. It's still cute though:


And that's all for April, see you next time! 💚💜💛💗💙

No comments:

Post a Comment