Thursday 27 August 2020

Not so lockdown week 22 - the one with two cucumbers 🌱

Days 150-157 (20th-27th August)

Howdy gang, here we are again. Much like last week I am sat looking out at the rain, I don't mind except it did mean we had to call off a sibling bike ride today. C'est la vie.

Here is me in my cosy home doing some cosy crochet:



This week I harvested two cucumbers:



And Ed and I made an excellent sourdough loaf:



I also made some flapjack to use up some muesli we had in the cupboard, I wouldn't allow myself to buy any yummy granola until I had made a dent in the muesli mountain. This was a good solution. 


On Friday night I finally picked up a pencil after a very long time and tried to warm up by drawing some pictures I'd gathered on pinterest. This dreamy scene emerged:


Here are a couple of pretty cats I've spotted this week:



Remember this? A little embroidery piece where I've been counting the days of lockdown. I put it down a few weeks ago and so had to spend some time catching up on it this week. I'll pass it down to my grandchildren and they can keep it as a precious relic from the corona days.


An update on our one and only, spectacular, sunflower extraordinaire:


It is tall and splendid, and almost every time we look there are bees busy at work. Next year I want to have a whole bunch of the brilliant yellow beacons bedazzling the garden.


Remember the moth chrysalis I found whilst digging in the soil? Well here is the furry, brown fellow that emerged from it after a week or two:


Speaking of digging in the soil, we had a chance to make some progress on our garden makeover this week. We (mostly Ed) finished digging the border and adding some manure, and we've started planning which plants will go where. That's the fun bit! But due to the rain it might be a while until it gets going properly.




However, I did finally get round to planting something in my old, retired Dr Martens. They served me well but are now destined to live out the rest of their days as decorative planters in the garden, currently housing some nasturtiums (which I'm happy to say are recovering miraculously after the caterpillar infestation).


Here is a friend we made, he tried to come in from the garden with us:


And that brings us to the magnificent feast we created yesterday, a Nandos-esque meal for our last house group before two of my siblings move away for uni and work. It was very fun and we now have lots of leftovers in the fridge, win win. 


Finally, as has become tradition, we shall finish with a picture of the the legend, the sweetest boy, Mr Tom the cat. He may look grumpy, but don't be fooled, he's just camera shy.


No comments:

Post a Comment