Tuesday 30 March 2021

Flowers galore 🌼🌸🌷🌾

Hello! I am writing on a sunny Tuesday evening, after a very warm, outdoorsy, spring kind of day 🌞

What life is like when you're the cat of two plant people 🌿

Last week Ed and I planted lots of veg (potatoes, carrots, parsnips, cucumber and courgettes), we also pricked out our dahlia seedlings (with the help of Juniper as you can see below). It's nice to have lots of green-fingered things to be doing together on our days off. A few days later we potted up the chillies, leeks, sweet peas and tomatoes πŸ… We've also got zinnias and catnip popping up in seed trays upstairs...so there's lots going on over here! It feels very exciting after a long, dark winter, and the lighter evenings are making all the difference.



Juniper being a snuggly bean:


Our "studio" had slowly devolved into a messy dump room over the last few weeks so I spent an afternoon tidying it up again on Monday. It gets lots of nice light and warmth in there so we are currently using it to grow most of our seeds and also dry the washing....it is yet to really fulfil its purpose as a studio but we'll get there one day! When I was tidying I found this sweet thrifted dish and it made me want to show off more of my various second hand trinkets and oddities that I've gathered over the years, maybe I'll make a post about my favourites some time.


A bunch of lovely daffs from work (one of the perks of the job!) 🌼 I like the contrast of the yellow with these pinky purple orchids, we've got 3 orchids flowering at the moment and the other 2 are almost there! 


The big twig in our hallway has had an Easter makeover:


The daffodils in our garden have finally decided to show their faces! We bought a bag of mixed bulbs so it is fun to see what each one looks like when it opens up πŸ˜„


A couple of our neighbours have had big pink camellias flowering recently which has brightened the road up nicely 🌸🌸🌸


And a few more daffodils pics for good measure! These ones we stumbled across on a little afternoon drive to pick up a cat tree for Juniper...


...ta daaa! Juni is now enjoying being queen of the castle and we are glad that she's taking out some energy on something other than us and our carpets πŸ˜… we did some good old DIY and attached a wooden plank across from the cat tree to top of the bunk bed for extra fun!


I fell a bit in love with ranunculus flowers recently, so when we popped into a garden centre on Sunday I couldn't resist getting a few different colours to go in a pot. They are so pretty 😍 I'm obsessed. We originally went to the garden centre for a grape vine as Ed thought that the one he got last year had died...well it turned out to be alive so now we have 2 grape vines growing, one red and one white! πŸ‡



These are the most recent surprise flowers to open in the garden, from the batch of wedding bulbs we planted in the winter. They are tulips called Cynthia, how sweet πŸ’› I love the two tone colour, it reminds me of those fruit salad sweets!


Juniper has been enjoying these sunny days, her favourite outdoor activities are eating grass and chasing insects. She almost caught a butterfly yesterday! I'm glad she didn't, I would have felt very bad for it. She looks so cute with the dandelions though, I'd have to forgive her 🌼🌾🐈🌼🌼



This morning Ed and I made the most of the warm weather by going for a walk around the lake, the sky was so blue and lots of people were out enjoying the day.


It felt so good to be outside in the wild, so fresh and bright. We saw ducks, squirrels, a coot building a nest and a pair of pheasants nibbling around the ground, but our favourites were the massive family of rats living in this idyllic little home by the water's edge. We sat watching them for ages as they darted out to grab little bits of bread in their tiny hands and went back into the bush to eat. It seems like they have a whole rat village going on with little holes in the ground here and there and a big log which I imagine might be hollowed out inside with little rooms like the Brambly Hedge books I loved as a child (except they were mice!)


I would spend ages looking at these illustrations 😌

To finish off we have this week's loaf of bread 🌟 and a shiny car reflection selfie to celebrate that I have my wheels back after almost 3 weeks! Hoorah!



Thank you for coming back to my blog and I hope you enjoy some sunshine and spring blooms this week! 🌷🌿🌼🌞🌟✨πŸπŸΎπŸƒ

P.s. I'm currently knitting my 5th pair of socks which I'll share with you some day.

No comments:

Post a Comment