Wednesday 3 June 2020

Lockdown diaries - week 10 🍕

Hello ! I am sat in the conservatory watching the rain outside, it's tiptapping on the roof and it feels so cosy after so many weeks of hot hot sun! The sunshine has been great but we need some rain to water the plants and stop the grass going all dry and brown. I am also watching the birds on the feeders, lots of sparrows, a few blackbirds, two doves, and I'm pretty sure I just saw a greenfinch for the first time! 

I have decided that this will be the tenth and final post in this format, it's getting a bit stagnant ya know? I intend to still do weekly posts, but just sharing the highlights or particularly interesting, creative bits of the week in more detail, rather than the minute-by-minute retelling of each day. 

So here goes, week 10...

Day 64 (Tuesday 26th May) - prayed with Ed, breakfast, Doctor Who and crochet, phoned Elli and had a catch up, then lunch and Doctor Who. Then my brother came on his bike and we hung out in the garden for a bit. I repotted a cactus, wrote my week 9 blog post, then spoke to my family on the phone. Dad made tagliatelle for tea, then I spoke to my uncle on the phone. We had a cuppa and some cheesecake, then Ed and I went on a lovely evening walk to the new forest we discovered and the light was golden. Then we came home and lay on the grass for a while before watching Springwatch.


Day 65 (Wednesday 27th) - breakfast with Ed, then I went for a nice run at the lake and saw a heron, came home and fed the snails, repotted some seedlings, recorded some music for a video I was making, then had lunch. I walked to the postbox to send a card, ordered some snail supplies and a new journal online, then painted some pots whilst rewatching American Gospel. I spoke to my grandma on the phone, then when Ed was home we had dinner and watched Doctor Who, I did some crochet, then we watched Springwatch and The Great British Sewing Bee.


After learning about species roses on Gardener's World we are spotting them everywhere!

Day 66 (Thursday 28th) - we made pancakes for breakfast using sourdough starter but they tasted vinegary lol (we masked it with sweet toppings), Ed changed his car battery, I did some dishes then got on with recording my music. After lunch I went to meet my mum and two siblings in the park, we chilled and chatted for a few hours in the sunshine. When Ed got home we watched The Simpsons, ate stew and dumplings, then had our zoom house group, followed by some Doctor Who!

Blowing bubbles in the park

Tom slept on my bed all day

Day 67 (Friday 29th) - I finished my music recording and made the video then uploaded it, after lunch I made a macrame hanger for my string of hearts plant, I did some surgery on a cactus, then I painted pots with some youtube in the background, I repotted a big succulent, did some crochet, watched Eggheads with dad, yum chicken for dinner, then I watched Imogen Heap's concert for Royal Albert Home. Followed by Springwatch and Gardener's World.



Chopped off the unhealthy bottom part to hopefully save the healthy top part!

One plant became seventeen

Day 68 (Saturday 30th) - bagels and mango for breakfast, washed some clothes and hung them out in the sunshine, topped up the bird feeder and watered some plants. I spent some time working on my website, then drew some plants, and baked some delicious bread! I went for a (v hot) walk to watch the baby seagulls on the roofs nearby, discovered some wild strawberries, and picked a bouquet. Came home and repotted up my baby cacti which I grew from seeds last summer! We had leftovers for tea, then Ed and I went for a walk and picked lots more strawberries! Then we had cuppa and watched The Secret World of Arietty (LOVED it a lot, so beautiful).

Journal quote from today: "Living my best creative, wholesome, domestic life!" 💛💛💛


Our first granary sourdough

Seagull babies photographed through my binoculars





Day 69 (Sunday 31st) - woke up slowly, made cuppas, started reading Job, breakfast and James Martin followed Alan Titchmarsh. Church on the TV, then a zoom catch up. Ed and I watered our plants, then lunch and Doctor Who, crochet, then we went for a walk, we saw a heron and some mandarin ducklings! So cute!!! For tea we made our own pizzas! Watched Antiques Roadshow, I went to Spar to buy some milk. As it got dark Ed and I lay outside and looked at the stars and saw bats!


Would recommend courgette on pizza

Day 70 (MONDAY 1ST JUNE!! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT'S DAY 70 WHAT ON EARTH!) - brekkie and the news, I went for run, then went shopping in Asda, followed by a visit to mum's garden and got some plants and balls of wool from her. Came home and unpacked the shopping, had lunch and then my brother came on his bike and we chilled in the garden again. I filled up the bird feeder, cleaned out the snails, then watered the plants. I crocheted and watched some Pointless with dad, when Ed came home we ate macaroni cheese and watched Doctor Who (Gridlock! What an episode), then Grayson's Art Club (last one boohoo), and Killing Eve (also last one!). Followed by another stargazing sesh with bats and shooting stars!

Tom snoozing on the balls of wool
I'm adding an extra day this time, seeing as I'm posting this a day later than I've done previously!

Day 71 (Tuesday 2nd) - prayed with Ed, had weetabix for the first time in ages, spent the morning packing and tidying my room while listening to a great podcast. Lunch and Doctor Who, did some dishes, then the siblings came round! It was so fun to hang out all together (distanced ofc) for the first time in months! We went for a walk and had a javelin competition in the woods with sticks (Ed won!), then we came home and had a BBQ!




Extra bonus fun minutiae details:

  • My very first orchid was one I rescued from the reduced shelf for £1.99, it was at the end of flowering. Now it has a whole new branch and the fresh buds are just opening! So pure.

  • Ed took a photo of Tom stretched out sleeping on the floor, I edited him into Super Tom.

  • The wedding bulbs which Ed and I planted back in the winter had all flowered by the time we got to see them, all except one pot! They are just opening up this week and are a very zingy orange. 

  • A few weeks ago I made some simple little pots out of air dry clay and I've finally been getting round to painting them with fun designs. They need varnishing still but this is one of them.

  • Here is a crochet update - 

  • Lastly I'll share a photo of the bird table with two doves and a pigeon. Lovely lovely.






No comments:

Post a Comment