Monday 21 December 2020

The return of the fringe ✂️

This post has been open on my laptop for ages but I haven't found the time to actually sit down and finish it! Here we are finally, welcome to a hodgepodge of photos from the last couple of weeks -------

This is me writing christmas cards at our chaotic table with Juniper trying to help:


 

A frosty morning view.

Juniper had her second jab last week and the vet confirmed that she is definitely a girl! Phew! Here she is being a sleepy bean:


A sunrise sky.


Misty morning view.

Last week Ed and I hit the charity shops and I found 3 excellent christmas decorations: a sweet nativity set (complete with alien sheep), a fuzzy pile of cute snowmen, and a slightly creepy flying angel (Gabriel?)



A rainbow view.


The moment that Juniper met the snails for the first time...


After a week or so of getting used to the idea, she has started sleeping in her big girl bed:

It's soo cute.

Lidl lebkuchen - truly one of the great christmas traditions.

A silly kitten:


I finished my first sock! hOORAY! It's so snug and comfy, I just need another one to match now. Hopefully I'll have a complete pair ready to start 2021 in!!! 👣👣👣 I've got my next ball of wool ready to make Ed a pair too.



One of the cutest things at the moment is that Juniper has learnt to play fetch! She LOVES the shiny ribbon bows and brings them to us to throw for her. She also likes to run and chase and attack, we're beginning to wonder whether we actually got a puppy instead of a kitten. ((Also, if anyone has any tips on how to stop her scratching the carpet I would be very grateful??!))

Juniper helping with the present wrapping.

The venus flytrap which I rescued off the reduced shelf is doing really well! I was hardly expecting it to survive to be honest. Recently it grew a long flower stem which was exciting but I decided to cut it off as I read that the energy used to grow flowers can kill the plant.

We've also got some spectacular pink orchid flowers blooming!


Homemade pizza is ALWAYS a good decision:

🍕🍕🍕🍕🍕🍕🍕🍕🍕🍕

On Tuesday I decided that after growing out my fringe for a year it was time to cut it back in again as I was feeling a bit bored with my hair...DIY all the way. I didn't realise how I'd missed it, I feel like my old self again! 

P.S. this green cardigan was a recent charity shop find that I've been wearing lots.



More sweet Juniper (don't be fooled though, she has a very feisty alter-ego who has been making an appearance recently 😆):


Remember last month when I took Juniper for her first vet appointment and I met a big, handsome cat in town? Well Ed and I were out this week and I was just saying to him that I hoped the cat would be there and there he was! Very big and very friendly with a sweet meow.



I keep saying to myself that I need to stop buying toys but how can I when I stumble across finds like this???! Jeremy Fisher was my second favourite Beatrix Potter character when I was little (after Mrs Tiggy-Winkle) and I couldn't resist this precious plush boy.


In our house group quiz last week we had a question about how many toes a cat has....we ended up taking some photos for research, with Juniper's assistance. We realised that she has extra toes on her front paws, 6 instead of 5! But it's not unusual apparently.


Wednesday was Ed's birthday, the highlight was eating chinese food whilst watching Kung Fu Panda.


And here's some more funny Juniper to conclude......


😉

Helping me write this post.

Good bye for now and Merry Christmas! 🎄🎉🎁🎁🎁✨

No comments:

Post a Comment