Tuesday 12 May 2020

Lockdown diaries - week 7 🐣

Bonjour again! I'm getting deja vu trying to start this post...I talked about the weather last week and how it had been almost wintery, well it changed again this week and we were back to blue skies and hot temperatures! I don't know what else to say except I feel like this week has consisted of knitting and watching tv.

Day 43 (Tuesday 5th May) - got up with my alarm for a change, made tea, emptied the dishwasher, listened to Concerto for a Rainy Day by ELO and it was raining, made notes for house group, breakfast and Friends, more notes, made my week 6 blog post, lunch and Friday Night Dinner, knitting, recorded worship songs with Ed, did some writing, roast chicken dinner, cuppa and Maltesers, watched a bit of tv and more knitting, then Ed and I watched Big Fish.

My assistant

Day 44 (Wednesday 6th) - went for a 2.5 mile run, prayed with Ed, brekkie and Friday Night Dinner, washed some clothes and hung them out to dry, posted another blog post, worked on notes for house group, lunch and Friends, went for a walk, knitting, pizza and The Good Life. Zoom house group! Followed by Paul Hollywood Eats Japan!



Day 45 (Thursday 7th) - chilled wake up, breakfast and The Great British Sewing Bee, fed the snails, got things out from the loft, worked on my Friends video, lunch and Bargain Hunt. Went to the house to do some jobs, came back and watched The Simpsons, curry for dinner, The One Show, Dad's homemade chocolate cake, clapped for carers, Ed and I went for a lovely dusk walk, then we watched a Louis Theroux zionist documentary and then stayed up researching Israel vs Palestine.



Day 46 (Friday 8th) - got up and went for a bike ride with Ed, came home and had sausage sandwiches with Dad and watched a documentary about African forests, I finished the Friends video, bought Hayley William's new album (Petals for Armor), lunch and Friday Night Dinner, published my video, worked on my blanket, repotted a Christmas cactus. Leftovers for dinner, The One Show, VE day programme, Gardeners' World, then also ended up watching QI (my first time).



Day 47 (Saturday 9th) - breakfast and Friends, knitting, reading, sewing whilst listening to Petals for Armor, lunch (bacon sarnies), more sewing, walked around the lake and it was so hot, saw 5 stock doves and loads of squirrels, and a woodpecker, and a heron, and a moorhen sitting on her nest with 3 chicks! Came home and watched Celebrity Mastermind, scampi for tea and watched the birds in the garden - 3 collared doves, starlings, sparrows, a robin and a goldfinch! Then a zoom quiz with friends, then watched American Gospel with Ed and stayed up late having a DMC about life and Christianity and worship etc.



Day 48 (Sunday 10th) *Ed and I decided to have a no phones day* - breakfast and cookery tv, church livestream followed by a zoom, lunch and Ainsley's Mediterranean Cookbook (we love Ainsley), had a phonecall from work and found out they are opening again. Gave Ed a haircut, planted some string of pearls cuttings, watered our seedlings, went for a walk and picked flowers, saw our fledgling doves from last week! Came home and ate a cookie and phoned my mum and siblings, knitting and watched a beautiful programme called Wild Japan, then ate eggy bread whilst watching Boris' announcement, made some sourdough and watched Friday Night Dinner. 

Disclaimer: even though it was a no phone day I did use it to take a few snaps.




Day 49 (Monday 11th) - phoned John Lewis and arranged for our non-wedding wedding presents to be delivered, breakfast and Friday Night Dinner, knitting, mask-making and podcasts, baked our bread, lunch and Lorraine Pascal, more masks and music, went for a walk, macaroni cheese for tea!!! Yum pudding followed by Grayson's Art Club πŸ’›πŸ’›πŸ’› and Killing Eve.


DIY cute fruit facemask courtesy of youtube tutorials 

More ramblings:

  • So after receiving a phonecall from my workplace I was expecting to be going back this week...I was all ready to call this my final lockdown update and enter the outside world, I  even made myself a cute facemask. But plans have changed again and I can't go back after all! I imagine lots of people are in this situation, waiting on each phonecall and email with no idea when things will change and then change again. Also, Ed and I might not be able to get married until June at least. Trusting God in this time where everything feels unknown.
  • Tom has stopped sneezing which is great news.
  • The seeds which Ed and I sowed last week are doing well! 



  • I only have 5 more squares to knit for my blanket and will give it a crocheted trim, then it will be finished! 5+ years of on and off knitting almost complete πŸŽ‰  Also, this week I picked up a piece of embroidery which I started back in August and then abandoned for 8 months. Hopefully I will find the motivation to finish it during lockdown!
  • One of the things I have been looking forward to most each week is Grayson's Art Club, it's honestly what keeps me going sometimes. It's so calming and I love Grayson and Philippa's relationship, it's nice to just feel like you're hanging out in their studio whilst they potter around and make stuff. It reminds me of being back at uni and having the space to talk about art and take it seriously but also have fun and be creative and silly. 
Farewell, and stay safe if you're back to work this week! Meanwhile I'm gearing up for another week on the lockdown train, yee haw.

No comments:

Post a Comment