Tuesday 19 May 2020

Lockdown diaries - week 8 πŸ“

As lockdown goes on and on it is losing its novelty and I'm beginning to think these posts are silly and repetitive. What if I can't go back to work for ages? I can't keep making these until October! At least I'll be able to look back on this time in great detail.


Day 50 (Tuesday 12th May) - woke up and went for a run, breakfast and Friends, cleaned out the snails and found more eggs! Had lunch and zoomed with Elli and Imogen, wrote my week 7 blog post, had a phonecall to say I can't go back to work yet!!! Knitting, burgers for dinner with The Good Life. Then we watched a bit off Stand Up To Cancer Bake Off, followed by Paul Hollywood Eats Japan, then Who Wants To Be A Millionaire and a guy got £500,000 (whilst I wrapped my sister's birthday presents).

Sharing a bowl of special snail porridge (the perfect date)

Day 51 (Wednesday 13th) - woke up and fed my sourdough baby (I do this everyday but for some reason I decided to document it today), prayed with Ed and had a wonderful cup of tea, then breakfast and we finished Friday Night Dinner! Went and got diesel and dropped off my sister's birthday presents, then went to Asda. Came home for lunch and watched a couple of episodes of Fresh Meat but decided we didn't want to watch anymore. Then we we spent the afternoon making a quiz for housegroup! Leftovers for dinner and The Simpsons, then a birthday zoom call with family followed by zoom house group with our quiz which was fun! Then Who Wants To Be A Millionaire.

Bought reduced flowers in Asda


Day 52 (Thursday 14th) - went on a bike ride with Ed to new undiscovered lands, breakfast and The Great British Sewing Bee, made banana and strawberry nice cream (YUM), put some dye on my hair, watered my plants, pottered around, washed out the dye, had lunch and watched Barbie Dreamhouse Adventures (we have reverted to children's TV and we love it), chilled and watched some youtube videos, made sweet potato fries for dinner! Phoned my grandma, went for an evening walk, chilled.




Day 53 (Friday 15th) - woke up and pottered around until Ed finished his Joe Wicks work out lol, breakfast and Animal Cops, knitting, embroidery and Born To Kill documentaries, lunch and the news, went to my grandparents house to collect Ed's plants (which he had been pining after for the past two months), had a socially-distanced cuppa with them in the garden and it was so nice, their garden is heaven and I picked a bouquet of flowers. Came home and had fish and chips for dins avec Richard Osman's House of Games and some cookery TV. Then Gardeners' World (RIP Nigel), followed by Jools Holland which was great because it showed a 1997 BjΓΆrk performance.




Day 54 (Saturday 16th) - went for a run, breakfast and The Simpsons, fed the snails, looked up recipes then made some sourdough flatbreads, lunch and The Worst Witch (CBBC rocks), sewing and podcast, sewing machine sesh (a new project!), duck for dinner! Eurovision and knitting. Also spoke to Ed's parents.


Ed and his beloved trees

Day 55 (Sunday 17th) - woke a little later, breakfast with James Martin and Ainsley Harriott as usual,  knitting, church livestream, John and Lisa's Weekend Kitchen, then church zoom call, followed by a family call. Then we had lunch with more CBBC and Barbie. Did some sewing, made a nice summery tea, followed by Biscoff cheesecake! Then Ed and I went for an evening walk, then came back and watched A Room With A View.



Day 56 (Monday 18th) - did (half) a Joe Wicks video, breakfast and Killing Eve, played ukulele, lunch and Jamie's 30 Minute Meals, did a painting whilst listening to music then a podcast, followed by dinner and we watched Zulu. Spoke to the siblings on the phone, then Grayson's Art Club.


Footnotes:

  • I'm on the final square of my knitted blanket! The end is in sight!
  • I thought I'd share my 2020 playlist, I've been adding songs as I get into them this year so it will develop as time goes on -


  • I have two more monstera deliciosa leaves which are about to open, will share pics next week.
  • I've had a few moments this week where I've lacked inspiration and felt like I'm racking my brains for something to do but I don't have the motivation to do anything that comes to mind. A bit sucky but probably normal. I've mostly overcome it by just forcing myself to do something (i.e. the painting and the new sewing project) and that usually helps. Starting is the hardest part, once I get into it I'm really into it and the hours fly by.
  • Dusky sunset walks are really nice.
Good bye, fellow people living through a pandemic. I hope you can enjoy a sunset walk soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment