Wednesday 2 January 2019

New beginnings

A mildly edited note written on my phone at 1am on 31st December 2018:

When I was 15 years old I started a blog. I was on study leave for my GCSEs and wanted a space to share my creativity on the internet. I read a lot of blogs at that age and eventually they inspired me to just go for it after much consideration. 6 years later and I still have excess creative energy that for some reason I feel compelled to share with (mostly) strangers online. I still like writing about my feelings, I still take too many photos, and I still want to be a blogger. I’m proud of my first blog, I kept it up for many years with only the shared family computer and, to be fair, I did produce some good content and I made friends with people across the world in the comments section. 

To be honest I still do enjoy having a scroll through those teenage thoughts and rambles but it came to a point where all that became outdated, sometimes cringeworthy, baggage that was holding me back. No Serious Artist wants their 16 year old self’s badly edited selfies hanging around their neck every time they want to share Serious Art. So I’ve hidden that old blog, I can still reminisce if I fancy but I’ve put her to bed. That’s a little sad, and it’s scary to start afresh, like drawing on an empty piece of paper, but it’s exciting. There’s new potential here and I have so many ideas.

Anyway, that’s my long-winded intro. Onto the basics - I’m Bethany, I’m 21 years old and I’m studying Fine Art. I’m a Christian, I love Jesus and want to live my life for His glory. I love plants, I love food, I love clothes, and these days I buy 90% of mine from charity shops. I love charity shops. I love being out in nature, I love watching films, I love people, I love life! I love music. I want to use this place to share all of that good stuff: my artwork and creations, my music recommendations, my charity shop finds, interviews with other creatives, what God’s doing in my life. Yeah! Stick around and let’s see what happens :-)


Bethany 


No comments:

Post a Comment