Friday 22 February 2019

Reminiscing ~~~ Spain on film 🌞

Last June I went to Spain with Ed, I brought my film camera with me and took some nice pictures. I like to look at them and feel happy and nostalgic.

We arrived at Malaga airport at night, it was warm and confusing. My uncle picked us up and we drove home in the dark seeing only mysterious glimpses of our surroundings. The next morning I was shocked when I sat up in bed and saw the view from my window.



On the first day we went to the beach and swam in the sea which surprisingly didn't feel any warmer than back in Cornwall. We sat and read our books (I was reading The Muse by Jessie Burton which coincidentally is set in Malaga), I ate an orange, and we went to look for a shop that sold deodorant.




Our towels dried quickly hanging in the garden (I love the colours in this picture, it's currently my laptop wallpaper). Later on that day we went and walked the dogs up in the hills.




We saw a big bird which might have been an owl, and also two little lizards.  It was very hot.





In the evening we all went out for ice cream and then played in the park. It was nice to be able to go out without a jacket, how unusual. I felt good because I asked for my flavours in Spanish. 





I never got tired of this view, especially not at sunset. There was always so much to see, and the silhouette of the hills against the sky is so dreamy. If I lived here I'd spend all my time looking and never get anything done.



The next day we got the train into Malaga city for a day of exploring. I wanted to take a cool pic of Ed by the colourful fruit but then a pushchair arrived and it got awkward.



The parakeets were one of my favourite things about Spain, every time I saw one I would point it out and say "¡periquito!".






This lunch was pure banter. We were very hungry and had been walking in search of somewhere to eat for a long time when we found this place which seemed cheap. The food wasn't necessarily bad...but just not what we thought we ordered, e.g. we were expecting chips and got ready salted crisps on a plate. Also my juice was SO sour, but whatever, good memories. 


^^ Inside the Picasso museum.



A heavenly pigeon oasis in the middle of the city.




We sat under these umbrellas and ate churros (por supuesto).





Back home in the evening with some new friends, we ate homemade pizza and watched the Spain vs. Portugal world cup match. Then we sat chatting on the balcony late into the night, drinking tea and eating baklava.



Next was a day at the lake with a picnic (leftover pizza and strawberries yum) and our swimming costumes. There were tiny frogs at the water's edge and we took turns lying in the hammocks. I had finished my book by this point (lots of chilled reading time) so I borrowed Room by Emma Donoghue from my auntie.




We started our final day with some drinks and churros outside a cafe, then Ed and I went off for another day of exploring.









Ahh these colours make me feel so nostalgic. We just walked around following our noses and looking at everything in awe. Before coming I was scared that I wouldn't like being in a hot country and would feel uncomfortable all the time, but it was surprisingly nice and fresh.





We ate lunch right on the beach and little sparrows hopped around our table. I think I ate a burger and Ed had a steak (very Spanish cuisine).



Lying under a palm tree whilst we waited for my uncle to pick us up, I wandered off and bought a necklace with a sunshine pendant. We had just had a huge ice lolly each, mine was melting so much and the juice dripped all down my arm. I also bought a big peach.











The dogs were also one of my favourite things of the trip, so good. It was really nice to hang out with my family and share their home for a few days. In the end I didn't want to leave sunny Spain, getting these photos developed brought a little bit of the hazy magic back to me. 

2 comments:

  1. Wow, these photos are brilliant - the film makes them feel all the more nostalgic and timeless and the colors really pop! The skies there are breathtaking. After reading this and seeing all the photos I am 100% ready for a lazy summer day in the sun reading while enjoying fresh fruit. :) <3

    ReplyDelete