Friday 19 March 2021

The one where I made marmalade 🍊

I started writing this post lying on the floor next to Juniper, she was all woozy from her spay procedure and I was keeping an eye on her in her too big post-op onesie. I brought the spare duvet down into the living room and she was purring like mad, glad to be home I think. I ended up making her some scrambled egg because we didn't have any other cat suitable bland foods to give her, I felt like a proper crazy pet parent getting out the frying pan to cook a meal for my cat πŸ˜‚ 


Anyway, that was a few days ago now and Juniper is doing just fine. In fact, I don't think she even noticed that anything happened to her. For the first day she was wobbly and very funny but on day 2 she wiggled out of her onesie and never looked back. A surgery wound wasn't going to stop her from running and leaping around like usual, we gave up on trying to get her to rest lol.

I've been meaning to make a blog post for weeks but things have been busy and a little bit overwhelming at times around here (e.g. my car has been in the garage for two weeks and counting 😁), and the longer I've left it the more my photos are building up and now I feel like I don't know where to start. Stay tuned for lots of pics (more than usual hehe) in a probably non-chronological order to sum up the end of February and most of March avec moi.

We have been enjoying going for evening walks in our fleeces again (no scarves and no raincoats 🌝), we discovered the big hill nearby is good to see the sunset...ahh this particular evening was delightful, we wandered round houses where we hadn't been before and it felt like lockdown 1 in the best way.

A 10/10 panorama.

Juniper has been helping Ed with the weeding and watering:






🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸


I dried clothes out on the washing line for the first time last week! It wasn't quite warm enough or breezy enough and it hasn't quite got to the time of year when our garden actually gets sun yet BUT I just couldn't wait any longer πŸ˜† they were still a bit damp by the time it got dark but it was worth it. 


An almost perfectly round loaf which made some holey toast:




Family photo:

 

Where's Juniper?

 

Recently Juniper has started to become interested in the snails, she's probably just trying to work out what on earth they are and why she can't get to them.



A couple of weeks ago we inherited some bunk beds that my dad was getting rid of, one day we might have people come round to stay the night but for now it's Juniper's climbing frame/throne/cosy cloud.

 




Ed and I spotted this loaf of bread lying in the river when we were out walking, and when I passed by again a few days later it was still there, looking exactly the same πŸ˜‚ I wonder if it's still there now, and how long it has been there? 


Time for the marmalade!!!! πŸŠπŸŠπŸŠπŸŠπŸŠπŸŠ πŸŠπŸŠ This was my first time making marmalade and it was fun, although it took longer than I expected! It took about an hour just to prepare all the oranges and my arm was aching afterwards πŸ˜† but it was worth it of course and I ended up with 6 jars full at the end.






🍳🍊🍳🍊🍞🍴



Everything is starting to come alive in the garden 🌹 we weren't sure if any of our tulips would flower as we had replanted them from last year but these red ones have been the first to pop up and there are more on the way!



Another golden hour walk, this time down by the stream...I loved the way the sun shone through the catkins 😍



This is the little planter I put together for Mothers' Day...it ended up with a yellow theme so I added a rubber duck for good measure πŸ₯


If you're wondering whether Juniper is still a shoulder cat, the answer is yes:


(Spot Ed's monstrously huge mother of thousands succulent 😳)


This week I completed my 4th pair of socks, this time for my sister's birthday! They arrived on time and she loves them so I'm very happy about that 😊 To let you in on some behind the scenes info, these socks caused a bit of drama in the house when a hyper Juniper got her leg caught up in my circular needle and a bunch of stitches all slid off....I was not pleased to say the least! But it was all fine in the end and I managed to calm down and rescue the project.


She always looks so calm and serene in my photos but trust me, she can be a little nuisance when she wants to be πŸ˜‚


Some very exciting news (well exciting for me anyway!) 🌿 this peace lily which I have had for about 4 years is finally pushing out a flower! It was flowering when I bought it originally (at Home Bargains for £1.99 I might add), but since then, absolutely nothing at all! I've been trying my best to look after it well and it has got some big beautiful leaves but I was coming close to giving up on it to be honest...until now! I'll make sure to take a photo when the flower is open (yes, technically it is not a flower but a spathe...google it!)


We planted some freesia bulbs recently, I'm excited to see them pop up in the summer! I hope they are as nice and colourful as they looked on the packet πŸ˜† Plus a colourful mask + earring combo at work the other day:


Some more bread! This one turned out to be a lumpy shape but was particularly tasty πŸžπŸ˜‹


πŸ˜‡


Snakeshead fritillaries opening up in the garden 🐍 such a cool flower!


And just like that, we made it to the end of my photo backlog! Hope you enjoyed a peek into the last few weeks of early Spring delights 🌷🌼🌱

No comments:

Post a Comment