Sunday 14 February 2021

The first half of February ⛄

Hello and welcome to another instalment of Bethany, Ed and Juniper's life. Before we begin I would like to make an announcement: SPRING IS COMING! That is all.

Witch hazel and hellebores.

Firstly, here are some pics from a lovely garden centre trip at the end of January. It was nice and quiet and we had some vouchers to spend so it was peak garden centre shopping conditions...we came home with these three colourful primroses, as well as seeds, compost and other bits and bobs.




A few weeks ago we watched Marley and Me (Ed hadn't seen it so I wanted to introduce him), and Juniper spent the whole film asleep on my legs, stretched out on her back like a little human. πŸ‘‡



A mizzly grey sky, I like the calmness of this photo above. And below, a perfect rainbow circle on the road.


Juniper curled up on the windowsill for the first time recently and it was precious (as you can tell, we get excited about every new thing she does). Plus a photo of her and her boyfriend Bart Simpson.


Ed got on a cinnamon bun hype and made two batches in two weeks...


...and we made samosas one evening! Folding them into triangles was fun, like food origami.


An out-of-focus photo of our first snowdrop which popped up in the front garden! And a final photo of our jewel orchid in all its glory before all the flowers die off.


The newest member of the houseplant family is this polka dotty begonia maculata. The leaves are red on the underside, it's such a cool plant! I've been keeping an eye out for one for ages so when we got some in at work I snapped one up right away.


😍😍😍

Ed and I both read The Birds by Daphne du Maurier recently so we decided to watch the Hitchcock film afterwards. Juniper was so interested and sat up close to the tv watching the birds, and I chose some relevant mugs for the event.


Check out this beautiful loaf:



We have been training Juniper to wear a harness so that we can take her out in the garden, and maybe for walks if she enjoys it! She seems to quite like wearing it but it has been so cold and wet recently that she hasn't had her first exploration yet and has just been out riding on my shoulder. 


    Oh look! Another loaf of bread 😯 are my blog posts getting boring yet?


This one was a bit of a flat blob (either I didn't knead it for long enough or I proved it for too long πŸ€”) but it was nice and soft, and as usual it made great toast.


On Tuesday we went for a walk in the snow, but you can't tell that it's snowing in these pics because it was so light and powdery. I still get so excited for snow, a small part of me thinks about the adult responsibilities of being able to get to work but mostly I just want snoooow!!!




Crocs and pjs to see the snow in the garden, and another colourful combination:


Ta da! I finished Ed's socks a few days ago and they fit perfectly πŸ‘ Bonus fun fact: this wool is Dragon Dance by Opal which I chose because Ed likes dragons.


Some more cute Juniper...she has started sleeping on the rocking chair which is so sweet.



That's a wrap! I'll finish off with a photo of Juniper helping me to write this blog post...I'll let you into a little secret - she is actually the brains behind these posts, she tells me what to say and I just help her with the typing.


xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Lovely read as ever, enjoy seeing your houseplants and creations. Ed's socks are fantastic. I used to knit Chris socks before we were married , but the wool was just one colour so quite boring to knit with. Your wool looks such fun to work with. Juniper is adorable.And yes, Spring is on the way!
    Love Joy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Bethany - really enjoy your blog with your ability to see the wonderful in the ordinary. And did you know that you can propagate Begonia maculata from leaf cuttings? Just take one off, make some cuts across the central vein and lay it on some compost? Keep it moist and roots will appear from the cut veins - voila, lots of little new plants! love Chris x

    ReplyDelete