Tuesday 26 January 2021

Starting from scratch (twice) 😅

Hello hello. Really not much has changed since my last post...I'm still knitting, Juniper is still cute, we're still playing Sims and watching The Office, it's still January, we're still in lockdown. 

As promised here are some pics of my homemade socks in action! As you can see they fit nice and snug and Juniper likes them too.


Here is a new houseplant (rescued at a bargain price from work on my first day back of the new year, starting the year as I mean to go on 😆), on one label it says monstera, on the other it says philodendron but according to my research it is actually neither! It's a rhaphidophora tetrasperma, and has very interesting leaves that are almost more hole than leaf.



A cool purple and green outfit that Ed said made me look like an art teacher 🎨🎨🎨✨

Juniper watching the sunrise.



The snails are still going strong 🐌🐌🌳

Ed's dead chilli plant from last year still has little red chillies on that look like little christmas decorations! The second pic is a page of doodles from work (it was a slow day, I had lots of time to scribble).


Last Sunday we decided to go for a walk on Dartmoor, we just drove until we saw somewhere interesting to stop.



We found highland cows!!!



Juniper helping me make notes for house group (we're currently reading 1 Peter):


This is how I have spent most of lockdown 3.

I am now well into Ed's pair of socks but it is taking a little longer this time because I got all the way to the toe of my first sock and decided to unravel it all and start again! I had noticed a mistake earlier on and it wasn't a perfect fit anyway so back to the start I went. Let's just say it was a good learning experience!


Juniper makes a very sweet knitting partner when she is feeling sleepy, other times she likes to chew on the wool and attack my needles as they move around. She has recently turned into the absolute stereotype of a kitten and fallen in love with balls of wool...playing fetch with them, wrestling with them, and sleeping on top of my wool basket. One night she came and dropped a ball of wool on my face just as I was falling asleep, it's very entertaining!

😭


The most exciting development of this past couple of weeks is that we have a new batch of sourdough starter which is THRIVING so we're back in the bread game! The previous starter was just soo lethargic and grew some kind of mould so I threw it away and began again from scratch (looks like I have a theme going on here!) As you can see the new batch is super happy and bubbly, I've been keeping it in the fridge and only feeding it the day I am going to use it which is working much better.

Just look at this lovely loaf 😍 (and some bagels which Ed recently made as well):





This is the most beautiful loaf I have ever made.

Here is the nearest I can get to evidence of Juniper being manic and feisty 😂 she loves to play with the rugs and hide under them. The first pic is a running attack aimed at my phone:


But we never stay annoyed at her because she also does this 👆


Another wintery walk...after the torrential rain of last week it has been nice to see some blue sky.



One of Ed's begonias which he grew from a cutting started flowering this week!



On Sunday we woke up to see snow! Not a massive amount but still exciting ⛄ it was my brother's birthday too so it was a nice present for him haha. 




Here's the really cool house I made on Sims...it has a unique colourful roof, a very successful veg patch and even some monkey bars. The dream.



That's all for now! Stay tuned for Ed's socks and more bread adventures 🍞💛💛💛 lots of love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment