Wednesday 8 July 2020

Lockdown week 15 - a small citrus fruit wearing a hat 🍊

Days 100-106 (1st-7th July)

I'm so tired today that stringing together sentences is almost too much. Here goes. This has been a week preparing for marriage and moving house. So lots of packing, unpacking, lifting, driving slowly with plants in the car, etc. I would like a nap please. I had my first state-sanctioned home visit outside of my bubble which was lovely (lol imagine reading this a few months ago and having no idea what it means) and I also finished reading 1984 which was bleak and thought-provoking.

This week was my grandma's birthday so we went to her house and enjoyed some birthday cake and their colourful garden. My sisters and I picked bouquets and I also took home some freshly grown lettuce and mange tout.

Check out these mahoosive aliums.



Tom cat joined us for zoom house group (we like to give ourselves punny Job-related names).


My snails have laid another two clutches of eggs this week (!!!) so we are up to 7 now. If I had let them all hatch I would have like 2000 snails by now. I understand why they are illegal pets in some countries lol.



Here is new monstera leaf number 4 (last week I said 3 but I was wrong), there is a 5th popping out now too. Haven't quite worked out how I'll get this beast in my car but I think she'll just fit (pray for me).


I ate some blueberries from our little bush, very cute.



Online church on Sunday.


I took some duck food on a run to the lake.


Tom in his favourite spot, I have started making him his own mini crocheted blanket for when I move out and take mine away.



Mum's hydrangeas blooming beautifully.


Exciting news: we had a frog living in our pond! It stayed there for 4 days and we claimed it as our new pet (it was called Selwyn) but today it's gone. Maybe it will come and go.


I made my own pasta after watching John and Lisa's Weekend Kitchen. Don't recommend, it took me hours. The recipe itself is super easy but shaping each individual piece got really boring lol. Big up pasta chefs, I don't know how you do it :o)

I'm still their biggest fan tho.


I met one of our favourite neighbourhood cats whilst running.



I'm enjoying seeing hydrangeas all around.


A fun bike ride with 2 of the siblings and then they stayed for a sleepover! There's a light at the end of the lockdown tunnel!


The boys.


On Tuesday we woke up at 5am to go fishing! It was a really nice, clear, blue day, it was t-shirt weather at 7am! My brother and sister caught all the fish, I got none but I did see a seal.





Hello house jobs such as building a bed! Very fun 🔧


Here is a picture of a small citrus fruit wearing a hat. 


Good bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment